Icon – Skin Renewal
There are many common aesthetic concerns that bother us with age. Some of these include sun-damage, fine lines, stretch marks and even surgical or acne scars. These bothersome aesthetic conditions can be difficult to improve with other solutions but, with our Icon™laser technology, we can improve your skin quickly and easily. In just a few short treatment sessions you will see results in both the tone and texture of your skin, leaving you with the skin you’ve been wanting.
How Icon Skin Renewal Works
Icon utilizes fractional laser technology to deliver specialized pulses of energy into your skin and targeting your unwanted pigment, wrinkles, stretch marks or scars without causing harm to the surrounding skin. Once the energy is absorbed into the skin your body’s natural healing process will begin creating new, healthy skin in the area that was treated. Over the next few weeks you will see continued improvement in both the coloration and smoothness of your skin.
What To Expect On The Day Of Treatment
Depending on the size of the area being treated, sessions typically take less than 30 minutes. First, you will be provided eye shields to protect yourself from the laser during treatment. The treatment will begin with the provider guiding the Icon™hand piece over the treatment area.During this, the laser will be delivering energy into your skin. Depending on the care option we select,you may feel nothing during treatment or mild discomfort.Post treatment instructions will be provided to manage pain if necessary. You may also experience some redness and/or swelling a few days after at the treatment site but this typically resolves by the third day. Follow up treatment sessions should be scheduled 3-6 weeks apart if needed.
If you are a laser skin renewal patient, please be aware of the following:
- Remove all make-up and lotions at treatment site prior to treatment.
- At least 4 weeks prior to your appointment,discontinue unprotected sun exposure, tanning beds and tanning creams on the areas receiving treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions For Skin Renewal
- Immediately after the treatment, redness, swelling and/or brown debris at surface of the skin is common and typically lasts 2-24 hours but could last up to 3-5 days in some cases.
- Gentle cleansing and use of non-irritating cosmetics are permitted after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure on the treated area and use a sunscreen SPF 45 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Doctors who perform laser skin renewal: Dr Uma Ananth
Scheduling an Icon Skin Renewal Appointment
If you have any additional questions, or would like to schedule an appointment for Icon Skin Renewal treatment, contact Comprehensive Women’s Care at (614) 583-5552 today.